Women's NTIS Division
Age Division: 16U
Location: Thomas Brooks Park-Cary, NC
Thursday, September 5, 2013 to Sunday, September 8, 2013
Camp Cost: $99.00
The women's division will consist of 16U players who have future Women's National Team aspirations.
As per international guidelines, players competing in the NTIS in the women's division must conform to the following:
• 2013 17U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1996, for the 2014 18U NT
• 2013 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1997, for the 2014 17U NTDP
• 2013 14U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1999, for the 2014 15U NT
• 2013 11U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2002, for the 2014 12U NT
• 2013 Women's 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1997, for the 2014 WNT
From the four age groups, USA Baseball will name a minimum of eight players to the 2014 18U National Team Trials; a minimum of eight players to the 2014 17U National Team Development Program (17U NTDP); and a minimum of 16 players to the 2014 15U National Team Trials; a minimum of 16 players to the 2014 12U National Team Trials.
Roster spots for the women's division of the NTIS will be filled via open registration. Players will be divided into two to four teams following the onsite skills evaluation. Each team will play a total of four seven-inning games over the course of the event, with the first game for each team being a coach-pitched simulation game. A minimum of three age-eligible players will earn an invitation to the 2014 USA Baseball Women's National Team Trials.
Activities for the 17U and 16U event will start on Thursday afternoon, Aug. 22, and will be scheduled to finish by mid-day on Sunday, Aug. 25. 14U, 11U and Women's NTIS activities will begin Thursday afternoon, Sept. 5, and will conclude by mid-day on Sunday Sept. 8. Each team within the 17U, 16U, 14U and 11U age groups will play a total of three nine-inning games. The NTIS will present all participating athletes with great national exposure as well as an opportunity to develop their skills through an unparalleled baseball experience.
Of the participating organizations in the event, 15 of the 16 teams within each age group will be organized on a "regionalized club team" basis, similar to the USA Baseball National Team Championship events (formerly known at the USA Junior Olympic Baseball Championships). Existing baseball programs which have previously entered teams into the USA Baseball Championships and the 2011 and 2012 NTIS have been selected to fill these slots with entry fees defraying some of the costs of the event and the 2014 USA Baseball 18U, 17U NTDP and 15U National Teams. As with the USA Baseball Championships, these various baseball programs will be responsible for identifying and selecting 18-player teams which will participate in the event.
Similar to the USA Baseball Tournament of Stars, USA Baseball will select one of the 16 teams within each age group -- as "at-large teams." USA Baseball will rely on its National Member Organizations, existing events and other entities, as well as its established athlete database to identify players for the USA Baseball at-large team in each age group (four total). As part of this initiative, USA Baseball will encourage the inclusion of all athletes when filling roster spots for the at-large teams.
• Identification opportunity for the 2014 USA Baseball 18U National Team Trials; all players must be born 1996 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2014 USA Baseball 17U National Team Development Program; all players must be born 1997 or later.
• Primary identification opportunity for the 2014 USA Baseball 15U National Team Trials; all players must be born in 1999 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2014 USA Baseball 12U National Team Trials; all players must be born in 2002 or later.
• Identification opportunity for the 2014 USA Baseball Women's National Team Trials; all players must be born in 1997 or later.
• Individual skills testing.
• 17U, 16U, 14U and 11U teams will play three nine-inning games.
• Women's teams will play four seven-inning games.
• To be announced guest speakers.
• Participants will receive a USA Baseball National Team Trials style uniform.
• College and university coaches and professional scouts will be in attendance.
• Event held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex -- the home of Team USA.
Field dimensions for the USA Baseball NTIS are as follows:
17U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
16U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
14U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
11U: 51-foot mound, 75-foot bases*
Women's: 54-foot mound, 80-foot bases
*14U and 11U field dimensions may vary at regional tryouts.
Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013
3 p.m.-6 p.m.: Player registration
7 p.m.: NTIS Symposium
Friday, Sept. 6, 2013
8 a.m.-12 p.m.: Individual skills testing/evaluation
1 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Teams selected/equipment distribution
3 p.m.: Team meeting
4 p.m.: Warm-up for simulated game
5 p.m.: Simulated game
Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013
8 a.m.-8 p.m.: Games
Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013
8 a.m.-4 p.m.: Games
*Schedule is tentative and is subject to change
Players will receive the following when upon check in:
* USA Baseball Stars Jerseys (2), belt, socks, hat
Players should bring the following gear to participate:
* Baseball Spikes
* Batting Helmet
* Baseball Bat
* Protective Cup
* Catchers should bring their own catching gear
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.
Cancellations up to 8 days prior to the start of the event will receive a 50% refund of the registration fee. No exceptions will be made. The participating player or team will receive their refund within 30 days of the time of cancellation.
Cancellations within 7 days of the start of the event will forfeit the entire registration fee. No exceptions will be made.
For general questions or for more information, please contact the Ally Annear at email@example.com or 919-474-8721 x 241.