Duke Summer Prospect Camp (2 Day Camp)
Location: Jack Coombs Field-Duke University
Saturday, August 17, 2013 to Sunday, August 18, 2013
Camp Cost: $290.00
The Duke Baseball Prospect Camp represents a great opportunity for prospective student-athletes, who are committed to playing at the next level to showcase their abilities to top academic college programs, in a camp setting that provides an opportunity to improve and refine their talents.
This camp is designed for the high school player who has aspirations of playing baseball at the highest level (College or Pro). The intensive three-day format will emphasize individual position play, hitting fundamentals, and live game experience. If you are a prospective student-athlete who wants to play college baseball at a highly academic institution, this is the camp for you! Enrollment is limited to ensure personal attention in each and every aspect of the game, so sign up soon! Previous Prospect Camps have sold out in advance!
Enrollment is limited to ensure personal attention in each and every aspect of the game, so sign up soon!
• Quality instruction from some of the top college coaches in the country
• 2 games
• Baseball performance evaluations
• Sports performance lecture and written evaluation
• Academic enhancement lectures
• Camp T-shirt
• Meals will be provided as follows: Sat-Lunch/Dinner, Sun-Lunch
What to bring:
Each camper must bring his own baseball equipment. Players should bring a glove, bat, cleats/spikes, running shoes or turf shoes, hat, and any other equipment they feel necessary to compete. Catchers must bring their own gear. Helmets will be provided. Every camper in attendance will be given a camp T-Shirt.
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.
Duke University Employee Discount (Save 10% Off Camp Price). Contact Chris Pollard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-668-0255 for your Promo Code.
Please check in Saturday 8:30am
Camp Waiver Information
Medical Release Form will be attached to your e-mail confirmation. It is also available below.
Please print fill out, sign and deliver this form to the registration check in on the first day of camp. You will be unable to attend camp without this form.
Download Waiver Form
Camp will be conducted at:
Jack Coombs Field-101 Whitford Dr, Durham, NC 27708
From RDU Airport (and Points East)
1. Exit the Airport on Westbound I-40
2. After 4 miles, merge on to NC-147N towards
Durham/Downtown. Exit No. 279B
3. After 8.5 miles, exit Chapel Hill Street. Exit No. 13
4. Chapel Hill Street becomes Duke University Road
5. Proceed to dead end, turn right on HW 751
6. At next stop light (Science Drive), turn right.
7. Turn right on Whitford Drive (Jack Coombs Field ahead on left).
From points north traveling on S I-85
1. Exit 15-501 Bypass South
2. On 15-501, Exit at HW 751, turn left at the light.
3. Proceed to third light (Science Dr.) and turn left.
4 . Turn right on Whitford Drive (Jack Coombs Field ahead on left).
From points south traveling on N I-85
1. Exit on HW 751, Exit No. 170
2. Turn right at first light.
3. Go three miles and at the fourth light, turn left on Science Drive.
4. Turn right on Whitford Drive (Jack Coombs Field ahead on left).
Duke University Baseball merchandise will be avaiable for purchase at this event.
After receipt of application, refund for cancellation will be given only if written notification is provided seven or more days prior to the start of camp. The refund will be in full with the exception of a $75 processing fee, which is needed to cover costs. Additionally, players have the option to transfer the entire balance towards a future camp if they prefer. If the refund is requested within 7 days of the camp the player will only be offered credit towards a future camp. Without written request prior to the start of camp, no refunds will be processed. All camp credits are good for one year.